The story behind our new logo
This is a big day for us.
Finally, we can proudly present what we’ve been working on lately besides all the amazing features like new searches, airline and contact downloads, hours and cycles data, etc.
Our new logo is the same yet different. Recognizable, but more clean, clear and bold. Here’s the story behind our new logo:
Why did we re-design?
- We are growing. We want to show you how much we care about our visual appearance and the message we send. Swiss style, simple and clean, but bold and fierce. This refreshed look is just a first step in keeping up with trends and technologies.
- Our old logo carried so much on its shoulders — what started with three people is now a company with more than 30 worldwide. Data quantity and quality have marked these years of constant work and growth, which, in the end, led to our success. If you ask us, our focus was on building the quality of information that you rely on, and for us the inside was always what really mattered. Now that we are confident in our ability to provide your growing needs it’s time to put on some makeup on and shine even brighter.
- Our first logo brought us through good (and maybe not that good) times, and it was really growing with us. But it needed more place, more space, more vibe … and we needed to let it go.
Here’s the story behind our very first logo:
- Our original logo was designed almost 10 years ago by a student, Simon Bachofen. We hadn’t had one for nearly a decade, so we thought this might be a good investment. It was a symbolic spending but a great lift off for us.
- Interesting fact: The logo was originally designed in a rectangle shape only and every time we had to use the quadrant version we would spend hours trying to get it just right.
- Another interesting fact: The first time we placed the logo on a wall, the printer had to do it twice because the contrails were too thin and broke when coming out of the machine!
Dear Old Logo, thank you for all you done for us. A toast to our loved one.
Now we would like to introduce our new look.
We worked more than half a year to find a look that fit us, our customers and partners all around the world. While there are a number of companies that provide airline intelligence and compete on the basis of quantity and accessibility, at ch-aviation we focus not on the information itself, but on the value it provides.
We seek to be a well-respected and trustworthy partner who can help achieve your goals. That’s why we are not just a tool for information – we are a measure to success. Our data helps business around the world reach specific goals and thrive.
Aerodynamics is the symbol behind the idea of our new logo. Aerodynamics gives the edge to achieve goals. We teamed up with small agency, Holly Affair, to create a new Swiss crown logo and identity for ch-aviation.
Just take a look:
So, what does the logo say?
- It says that we are definitely keeping up the good work but also starting to nurture something new. We have followed the rule of „something new, something old and something borrowed“ – our new look and new office, together with our „old“ and permanent data quality and industry knowledge along with the color scheme borrowed from our old visual identity – to create a perfect future.
We proudly look behind — but bravely forward. Meet the new look of ch-aviation.